Im SAP Hinweis 2022335 werden die neuen Funktionen für den SAP GUI 740 beschrieben!
Interessant finde ich die Integration vom NWBC und die automatische Skalierung....
The SAP note lists the new features for SAP GUI for Windows 7.40
SAP GUI, SAPGUI, features, new features, 740, advantages
- Longer Lifetime: SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 is built with Visual Studio 2012 (which is supported until January 2018) - therefore SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 can be supported longer than release 7.30.
- Blue Crystal Design
SAP Blue Crystal is a new visual design theme which succeeds Corbu. It provides a consistent design that allows users to seamlessly experience SAP GUI and NWBC elements. It is the standard theme of Fiori applications and comes with a new color palette and icons which are better scalable. The background texture has a stroke pattern in white and light blue with a gradient layer.
- Complete icons redesign for Blue Crystal
All SAP GUI icons used by SAP applications have been redesigned and are now fitting the Blue Crystal Design. Additionally they are much better scalable than before. The new set of icons is exclusive to Blue Crystal Design.
- New Default Color for Blue Crystal IconsWith patch 2 the main color has changed from blue to dark gray in order to harmonize the design with the Fiori Apps design.
- SAP GUI for Windows / Netweaver Business Client - IntegrationSAP GUI for Windows can be embedded into NWBC 5.0, so that the user has one shell that unifies access to SAP systems.
One desktop / taskbar icon consolidates NWBC and SAP GUI sessions, tasks, frequently used links etc. in a tabbed view NWBC frame.
When SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 is installed together with NWBC, by default, SAP GUI and SAP GUI Shortcuts will be launched through NWBC. However, you have also the possibility to use SAP GUI and NWBC in parallel. To do so, you merely have so select the new component Install SAP GUI Desktop Icon / Shortcuts even though NWBC is installed to install the SAP Logon (Pad) Desktop Icon and to register SAP GUI shortcuts to SAP Logon.
- SAP UI Landscape
SAP UI Landscape unifies the persisted connection and configuration data from SAP GUI for Windows, SAP GUI for Java and NWBC in a modern and easier way through one single XML file. There are no more split configuration files for the different SAP GUIs like sapmsg.ini, entries in the Windows services file or saplogon.ini. The configuration files can either be stored locally or on a central server or share and the deployment is possible both via "pull" and "push" mechanisms.
Note: At the moment, these new configuration features are only available when using SAP GUI together with NWBC. However, in the long run, this procedure will become the default for all SAP GUI installation and configuration scenarios.
- Installation Improvement Registry values can now be set on installation package level, for example, for the following SAP GUI options:
- Path to the SAP GUI branding image
- Path to the Central Configuration File (new and old format)
- SAP GUI Theme
- DPI Scaling / DPI AwarenessStarting with patch 3 the DPI settings of Windows will be taken into account. That means that e.g. with high resolution on a small screen and DPI settings greater than 100% SAP GUI for Windows will be shown as large as according to the DPI settings.
- SAP Screenreader ExtensionsSAP GUI Screen Reader Extensions (SRX) are now part of the SAP GUI for Windows installation package.
- New Version of SAP Calendar Synchronization for Microsoft OutlookA new version of the SAP Calendar Synchronization for Microsoft Outlook is delivered with SAP GUI 7.40 for Windows. This version can be used with Outlook 2010.
- Full compatibilitySAP GUI for Windows 7.40 is fully compatible with SAP GUI for Windows 7.30.